Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I agree with the above post. I much preferred it when Mayfair was under the old ownership and had its distinctive style. I thought as Paul Raymond seemed to have enough magazines in his stable why did he need to take over another one! Wish I had collected Mayfair back on the 80's now I realize how much the Allums did for that magazine. However Joanie did photosets for Mayfair when it was taken over by PRO so I suppose I wish I had still bought Mayfair in the early to mid 1990s. I don't buy anything from the top shelf now. Would much rather have the back issues from the golden years.

Comment

I had to say goodbye to my Mayfair collection in the early 90s but have recently started collecting the magazine again via eBay. My first wife was no fan of my collection but my current partner is more enlightened and encourages me to collect. I now have all volumes from the 1980s plus best of and girls of summer.

Comment

That's a shame! How did you get rid of your previous collection?

Comment

It's always a shame when your prized collection has to be jettisoned because of her indoors, and then you have to start the collection from scratch. And then if you go onto eBay you find that those back issues now command prices far in excess of the original cover prices!

Comment

Working...
          X